6.20.2008

We have had some fun the last few weeks. First of all, Danny's birthday was great... except for dinner on the night of. We couldn't decide where to eat, but thought Cooper would be ok wherever we went. He is usually pretty well behaved at dinner and stays interested in all the people around him. But, for whatever reason, he was out of control that night. Maybe because he is cutting teeth or maybe because the music was loud (We went to Blue Fish) but he was a mad man!! Previous blog posts have mentioned Cooper's temper tantrums, well they are not getting any better! But since the music was so loud, he was more or less drowned out. But, he did have his first sushi that night. :-) He is very interested in whatever we eat and always wants a bite... so I gave him one! It was out of the "tuna tower" so it was lots of rice, crab, and avocado with just a little bit of raw tuna.

The next night (Thursday), Cooper spent the night with MaMaw and Mommy and Daddy had a night out. We went to The Arboretum for Cool Thursdays. We packed a picnic and some wine and met up with the Bright's. It was a lot of fun and there were lots of kids there. I was really surprised because the concert goes until almost 10pm. Not sure if I am ready to try that with Cooper yet.


On Saturday we went to the mall to get Cooper some new shoes. He only had one little pair that fits him, but they are slip ons and his feet are so fat that the shoes are hard to get on his feet. I have been sending him to daycare barefooted, which is not such a big deal because various kids have their shoes off during the day, but I felt like a terrible mom. Poor little boy, his Mommy can't afford to buy him some shoes! So sad! Anyway we went to Nordstroms to measure his foot and hit the big sale. He got one little pair of sandals (yes only one pair) and then I came home and ordered some others online.

At the mall, we let him walk around and he was really interested in the glass wall around the escalator. Let me take a quick step back here; I don't think I have blogged about the cool thing I taught Cooper. A month or two ago, I started teaching him to get off the bed by laying on his tummy and backing up so his legs fall off the bed first. We say, "Legs first!" (original, i know). So, he's started doing that all the time to get off the bed, the couch, or down the step from the kitchen to the sunroom. In fact, he has gotten really good at it and sometimes, when approaching a step, will drop to his knees about three feet away, turn around, and crawl backwards until he gets to the step. So, this is what he did at the mall. Dropped to his knees to crawl to the wall! It was so cute. Then he realized it was a glass wall, and proceeded to bang on it for while.


When Mommy and Daddy got tired of the banging, we took Cooper out into the mall where there is a little play area. There were tons of kids there running wild! Cooper wasn't sure at first, but was soon running and climbing all over. We stayed for about an hour and he had a great time. I think we are going there again tonight.

On Sunday, we were going to hit the YMCA water park, but it was REALLY hot that day! I mean a total killer. We kept talking about going late, but the water park is on the West side of the center with no shade in sight. So, we did the next best thing. We created a water park in our shady back yard. We went to Target and got Cooper a swimming pool and a ladybug sprinkler and came home and had a party in the back yard. It was perfect! With the cool water and all the great shade we have, it was very comfortable and lots of fun. We even went back in after Father's Day dinner with GrandMother, MaMaw and GrandPa. Why not?

No comments: