6.11.2008

Today is my Daddy’s birthday!

I have the greatest Daddy in the whole world. There are lots of reasons and I can't possibly name them all, but I know that he was so supportive for Mommy while they were trying to get pregnant and then when it happened, he was so excited! He took over the cooking and helped with the laundry so Mommy could relax. Then, he was so excited on the day I was born. He couldn’t wait for me to get there. When Mommy had to go to surgery, he waited so patiently until I finally arrived… only a week late.

From day one, he has done so much for me and for Mommy. He changed 99% percent of my diapers in the hospital and stayed up with Mommy at night while I ate. Then when we came home, he still got up with Mommy every night until he couldn’t take it anymore. He even fell asleep on the dog bed one night. Mommy finally had to tell him to give it up and stop killing himself.




He has always been there to hold me, play with me, and teach me new things. Like how to dance, how to carve a pumpkin, and lots of other things.


Daddy gets up every morning and feeds me my breakfast (even on weekends!), puts my clothes on, and takes me to MaMaw’s house. We take time to play together after breakfast and always end up getting to MaMaw’s house late. But who cares, because I love the time I get to spend with my Daddy.

This year, my Daddy trained for a half-marathon and ran it in April. I was so proud of him and me and Mommy went down to watch him cross the finish line. Running is something that Daddy and I like to do together too. Sometimes, on Saturday mornings, he gets me up early and takes me for a run. We even do it some evenings at home and Mommy rides her bike with us. I can’t wait until I am big enough to run with my Daddy.


There are so many reason that I love my Daddy. He is my best buddy and way cooler than Mommy. Together we do guy stuff (like wear tupperware hats)and someday he will teach me to play games and hopefully even coach my soccer team.


So, Happy Birthday to my Daddy and Happy Father’s Day too. I am the luckiest kid in the world to have such a dedicated and fun Daddy. Me and Mommy love him so much!

No comments: