Also, with the advent of summer and hot weather, it is time to get wet! Cooper has had lots of opportunities at the lake over Memorial Day, at daycare (Grandma’s House), at Grandmothers, and at home. He loves the water hose and has a great time playing in the water. Here are some pictures of him playing with the hose at Grandmothers.Cooper has started talking a bit more. He says several words so clearly including book, ball, daddy, mama, Bleu (our dog), and more. He has an old time toy popper that he got for Christmas and I have been calling it his pop-pop. He drags it all over the house! But he never really acknowledged me when I was saying pop-pop… until today anyway! He went to get it and said pop-pop! I am such a proud mom!
Then my mom and I have an ongoing debate about what “Eeeee” means. Whenever he reaches for toys and stuff, I say to him, “Please, Mommy, please.” Then I give it to him and say, “Thank You.” Well, he has started to reach for stuff and then look at me and say, “Eeee!” I am SURE he is saying please! But my mom insists that he is saying “eat.” She thinks this because whenever he eats, he reaches for food and says, “Eeee.” Well, wouldn’t you?? Especially if someone gave it to you? So she repeats to him, “Eat, eat.” *Sigh* I guess that is a grandmother’s prerogative.
Another new and interesting development on the Cooper front is tantrums. He is starting to explore his individuality and his boundaries. I mean, he is REALLY exploring them. When he is told no or doesn’t get his way, he can pitch one mean fit. He will throw himself on the floor and wail. A couple of times, this action resulted in smushing his face on the hard wood floors. So, this morning, while Danny was ironing his shirt, Cooper was trying to crawl up into his stroller. Mind you, we had already been in and out of the stroller once and Mommy was tired of that game, so I simply told him no. Oh my god! You would have thought I told him that he couldn’t ride is his stroller ever again.
No comments:
Post a Comment