4.22.2008

We went to the lake this weekend to help Nannie clean out her attic and shed to get ready for a big garage sale. It worked out great, because we spent a few hours over there and then had the rest of the weekend to relax at our second home. It was great to be down there again. We haven't been down at all since Christmas and weren't down there much last year after Cooper was born. Being down there made me so excited for the summer to take Cooper swimming.

We have been working on Cooper walking. He is doing so well! He has started letting go of one thing and taking the few steps necessary to get to the next thing. And of course, he is a mad man on his little yellow lion. We walk it up and down the side walk in front of our house and he can go forever. Here is some video of him walking with me and GrandMother (Lynda) at the lake this weekend. He gets so excited about it when he does well... as do we!! :-)

Cooper has also started dancing! We noticed him doing it periodically in his highchair when he eats. He learned that from me because when I give him something yummy (ie. bananas, squash, spinach, whatever I want him to THINK is good anyway), and I shake my head and hum, "Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmmmmmmm!" So, now he will take a bite and rock is body back and forth mimicking me. This morning, we saw a whole other dance!! This crazy little jam box that is one of Cousin Zachary's discarded toys has become very popular lately. He rocks back and forth on all fours, jamming to I'm A Little Teapot. Check out that video too.

Lastly, we want to extend a world-o-blogging welcome to our cousins, the DeWitts. Jenny started a family blog called The Lazy J for her, Tony, Austen, and Cole (who is a week or so older than Cooper). I feel partially responsible since my Aunt Jackie and Uncle Howard are loyal Crib subscribers and probably lobbied for Jenny to enter cyberspace. Maybe I am giving myself too much credit! Either way, they are now a link off our site and we can't wait to follow their antics too!!

1 comment:

The Moore Family said...

Hey guys...I forgot that y'all have this blog...saw the link in an email from Stephanie...I love it! Cooper is getting sooo big...I love the videos, so cute! We can't wait to see you guys this weekend!