4.08.2008

I think that Cooper might start walking any day now. He balances on his own quite a bit without support, but everytime I think he might take a step... he doesn't. He will reach for the next ledge and THINK about a step, but then drop to his knees. However, Mom says that he took two tiny steps at her house yesterday. Dang her! But he is so so so close.

Last week he had a virus and had to be home a couple of days. He had a 102 degree fever two nights in a row, and coming on the heels of dual ear and eye infections I carted him off to the doctor. His diagnosis was herpangina which is basically the mouth portion of hand-foot-mouth disease. He was fussy off and on, but for the most part, he was still his happy little self. He did balk at food a bit, which is not normal for him. He is such a great eater, it is always a tip off when he refuses his favorites. But, he loves yogurt and it was our saving grace. He went back to daycare on Friday, and even though that allowed Danny and I to focus on other stuff, we missed him being around all day.

Danny has been training for a half-marathon since he first of the year, and this weekend he ran it! Cooper and I were so proud and went down to the finish line to cheer him on. I was worried about the timing because Danny would be crossing the finish line about 9:30 and that is during Cooper's morning nap. But it worked out great because Cooper slept until almost 8:00 AM!! Danny was mad because, the one day Cooper sleeps in, we were up at 5:00 AM to get ready for the run. Anyway, he did so great on his run and we were there at the finish line to cheer him on!

No comments: