
Yay! Today Cooper is 1 Year Old! We have been looking forward to this weekend and planning it for a while (a year, in fact). We are actually having his official party tomorrow (Sunday) but decided to have a small family lunch today to celebrate the official date of birth.


We started the day off with a run... or I should say Danny and Cooper did. They got up early and ran 5 miles with the group at White Rock Lake. That gave me a chance to get dressed and run to the store for last minute cake ingredients. I was originally not going to make a cake to keep from stressing myself out, but the more Danny talked about it, the more excited I got. Besides, what kind of Mom doesn't bake her kid's first birthday cake?!? It would be embarrassing too since I make his food, but can't make his cake! Shameful!
So, I made it in the shape of a 1 and I am pretty proud of it!
When Danny and Cooper got home, we finished the cake and got ready for the arrival of the family. Danny had smoked a brisket on Friday and I baked the cake today, so we asked everyone else to bring some food with them. We had GrandMother, MaMaw, Popo, Nana, Aunt Stacy, and Cousin Zachary. We ate a great lunch and then put Cooper down for his pre-cake nap.

While he was asleep, we all went outside and started assembling toys. It was kind of like Christmas Eve, but during the day. Grandmother got him a Radio Flyer wagon (All Terrain wheels, no less); MaMaw and GrandPa got him a swing set; and Aunt Stacy and Cousin Zach got him a puzzle and an Octopus that sings.

It was great to open all the presents today with a small group and really enjoy them. We got to spend lots of time outside today because of the gorgeous weather! But, all good days must come to an end and we wrapped it up with dinner, a bath, and a mini-melt down. But what is a great birthday with out a mini-melt down at the end?

And so, another year begins. This past year has had it share of trials and tribulations, but what an amazing and wonderful adventure. Everyday that we are privileged to spend with Cooper is better than the one before and we are blessed beyond blessed with love and the gift of this precious child.
No comments:
Post a Comment