Yesterday morning, Danny called me into Cooper's room while he was getting him dressed to see him crawling across the floor. And I do mean crawling, not inching like an inch worm. He was on all fours and moving one knee at a time. This weekend he was still doing the shimmy! It was like he went to sleep Sunday night and had a dream about it... and now he's got it down. MaMaw said that he crawled all day yesterday and even had rug burns on him tummy to prove it. As he crawled across the floor this morning and tried to get into Bleu and Roscoe's crate, Danny and I realized that the days of leaving him in one spot while you make a quick run to the bathroom are over!
Let's start with the fact that Cooper has been sick since before Christmas. I started to wonder about him the weekend before Christmas because he was not interested in eating and would even gag on his dinner. I remember hoping then that it was nothing. But then came the poop... it looked soft on Christmas Eve and got progressively worse over the next week. Of course, what can you do? Nothing! We went to the doctor when he had 4 icky diapers in one day and she said to just keep him hydrated... Sigh.
That takes us up to New Year's Eve. We made plans to spend the evening with The Munir's but cancelled because Cooper developed a fever (102) at MaMaw's house on the 31st. We put him to bed early and had ourselves a delicious dinner of homemade pizza and one our special bottles of wine. Then we relaxed on the couch and kicked off our Survivor marathon (we recorded the whole season because we didn't have time to watch it at the time). Well, about three episodes in, midnight rolls around and, as if he was waiting patiently for 12:00, Cooper began to cry. Bless his little heart, because not only did he have a 4-alarm diaper, but he also had a sky-high temp of 104.2.
His fever came down over the next few days, but not before another visit to the doctor on the 2nd. He still had a fever (101) and 4-a-day poops, so I wanted to rule out anything more serious. His blood work showed that his lymphocytes were elevated which, according to the doc, means a viral infection. But the next morning his fever was gone and he was all giggles... so off to daycare he went.
And the next day... a tooth!
So, was all this poop and fever about the tooth and not about a viral stomach bug! I have to admit that it is really coincidental, but I can't believe it! And if it was a tooth I would not expect the extreme poops and the sky-high temp. Besides, a mom knows, you know? Taking it all into account, I think that it was most likely a little of both. But, I sure hope this is the end of it! (Poop, I mean, not teeth!) :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment