1.08.2008

Happy New Year! 2007 was a great year for us because our family grew by one. We can’t wait to get started with 2008.

Cooper’s 8th month was so incredible. He has started to crawl/shimmy across the floor, not at lightning speed, but he can get to what he wants. He started clapping his hands together which GrandMother loved at Christmas because they played pat-a-cake all the time. He is sprouting some hair. He recognizes words, especially Daddy… also Bleu since we are always yelling at her! And he is big. I mean, this kid is really filling out. He weighs 19lbs 10ozs as of last week when we went to the doctor (another story) … I don’t know where that ranks, but his legs are SO chunky! His pants are starting to be too tight around his little thighs where he has little baby fat dimples. He has started having to wear his 12M pants! We are constantly entertained by him and his bubbly little personality!

Well, we have been noticeably absent from the blog for while. The holiday season has been pretty hectic, but somehow I always find a way to make it even more difficult on myself. I think my 2008 New Year’s resolution is going to be to give myself a break! For example, Sunday I forced myself to sit and watch football with Danny and Cooper in the afternoon instead of doing the myriad of things that I thought needed to be done RIGHT THEN. (ie. Make baby food, do laundry, clean Cooper’s room, answer JLD emails, etc.) We started the day Sunday with a walk at White Rock Lake. It was really windy but Cooper had a fantastic time being outside and watching the bikers. I told Danny that we need to do that every Sunday (weather allowing). Then we joined Wendy and John for lunch at Breadwinners before relaxing at home and watching Vince Young. It’s was a lovely day.

No comments: