A couple of weeks ago, around Wednesday, Danny and I discussed how we needed to lower his crib since he can stand on his own now. So we planned to tackle disassembling the bed over the weekend. However, Cooper had other ideas. That night/morning around 4am Cooper started fussing and then screaming. Danny went into his room and Cooper was standing up hanging on to the rail, and absolutely irate. I guess once he got there he wasn't quite sure what to do about. The rest of the week and part of the weekend, Cooper slept in the pack-n-play until we could pull the bed apart and put it back together.
Since then, the milestones just keep coming! He now has his second tooth. It appeared within a week or so of the first one. And we started introducing pick up foods a week or so ago and he has quickly gone from staring at it his hands to getting a few pieces in his mouth to, as of tonight, about 95% accuracy.
He gets a scrambled egg at breakfast, macaroni and cheese at lunch, and fruit at dinner. We are just amazed at his progress everyday.
He says "Ma Ma" .... about everything. It is very obvious, though, when he is saying it pointedly or just babbling. "Ma Ma" accompanied by slapping on his highchair tray means, "more food." When I am holding his bottle, "Ma Ma" means "what the heck are you waiting for, hand it over!" And yes he insists on holding his own bottle. But early in the morning when he first wakes up and we hear "Ma Ma" on the monitor, at least then I know he is looking for me.
He also recognizes words. Especially Daddy. Just about anytime I say something about Daddy, his head snaps so fast you think he is going to get whiplash. Be sure and checkout the 9th Month pictures and see Danny trying to get him dressed in the morning!!Things are pretty calm around the house post-holiday frenzy.
Danny is training for a half-marathon on April, so he runs a lot and still works out 4 days a week. Junior League is getting busy for me again and I am trying to get myself to the gym more often. We are planning for a trip to Northern California in July, so I want to look good for that.
Cooper keeps us so busy that the time really flies. It's almost the end of January!!
No comments:
Post a Comment