10.15.2007

This was a nice lazy weekend of football, friends, and Weims. Yes, we ventured out with the pups on Saturday to White Rock Lake for the Mystics, Mutts and Moon Pies festival benefitting the North Texas Weimaraner Rescue. We didn't get there until 4 and it shut down around 5, but it was a lovely day and we enjoyed strolling around looking at the dog art. I strapped Cooper in the Baby Bjorn and Danny leashed up the wild animals and off we went. Since Cooper has started to really notice the dogs lately, he was absolutely in awe at the park scene. There were dogs everywhere!

Since we got there so late, we thought we would head on over to the White Rock Dog Park to let the dogs run. Of course we have been there before with Bleu, but never with Roscoe. And I was a little worried since the two of them like to gang up on other pups. Turns out that was not what I needed to worry about! As interested as my dogs are in Cooper, you might think that it would cross my mind that OTHER dogs would also be interested in him. Well, I didn't think about it until I started to get a following at the park. Several dogs wanted to lick at Cooper's dangling tootsies and a couple even tried to jump up. So, after about 20 minutes, we were out of there. The dogs had plenty of time to run though and it was still a nice day.

On the way home, we decided to cook out and so we invited over the neighbors with their 2 year old and 6 week old kids and proceeded to cook burgers. Well, Danny and I still are not really tuned into what time kids go to bed since Cooper is up at all hours. Consequently, we didn't move fast enough to get food prepared and felt bad that our sweet neighbors had to wrangle their toddler while waiting for dinner at 8pm. I am sure we will get a dose of our own medicine in the coming years.

I also made baby food this weekend. That is right, I am MAKING baby food! It might seem crazy, but for someone like me who loves to cook, it seemed like a natural step. I am really looking at it as beneficial on SO many levels. For one thing, I haven't really cooked much since I got pregnant so it is a way to get me back in the kitchen. Also, it could be a great diet! I mean if I am cooking him carrots and sweet potatoes, maybe I will save some for our dinner. And lastly, but most important, it is good for Coop. Thus far, I have made apples, pears, carrots, peas, and spinach. Danny and I have tasted them and I can now understand the infamous story about me as a baby spitting spinach out all over the walls... it was really the ickiest thing I made... and I LOVE spinach. Suffice to say, it will be a mixer for the other fruits and veggies!

Cooper has not started eating yet, though. I plan to start him on cereal around 6 months and that is not far away. But, I am prepping now!

No comments: