This weekend we went to the Neiman Marcus Christmas Parade downtown.
Aunt Stacy gets to buy tickets early since she is a teacher and she gets them every year. There were quite a few firsts for Cooper... first parade balloon, first marching band (the drums were especially cool), first clowns, first Santa! We had a great time even if it was a bit chilly outside. But, seriously, what Christmas Parade would be fun without cold weather??
So, Grandmother told me she had a 6 foot tree which turned out to be perfect. It is really about 5.5 feet tall and fits perfectly in the space. I decorated it with multi-colored lights which usually aren't my thing, but I thought they would be fun. I also added some snow ball lights I got last year. For the ornaments, I made sure not to use any metal hangers and used things that were fun and not breakable. I hit a Pottery Barn sale last year and used most of that haul: there are some pewter cars and trains, some red berry kissing balls, and some bells from the big tree. I also added picture frames with pictures from the last year. Lastly, Grandmother provided us with some wooden ornaments she painted for Danny when he was a kid. I know my Mom has some too so I plan to hit her up for some of those. All-in-all, it is super cute and he loves it. The first night he took everything off that he could grab. The next day, he didn't have nearly as much interest and has left it alone pretty much every day since. And I think Danny likes it now too, so we are all happy. (click here for December pics)
1 comment:
I think those are the cutest boys I have ever seen!! How lucky we are... It was really fun having you all in town and we look foward to seeing you again over the upcoming holidays. Love!
Post a Comment