I decided today to start posting the new things that Cooper does. Every day Danny and I notice something new and we are constantly amazed at how big he is getting and how fast. So, here is the 1st new super cool thing that Cooper does...

He faces forward in his car seat! This weekend we switched his car seat to face forward instead of backward. It was time to make the change too, and not just because he achieved the recommended 1 year and 24 lbs. It was clear that it was time because his little legs were too long and he had to sit in the car seat with his legs spread apart and sometimes part way up the back of the seat.

I knew that making the switch would be a bit of an ordeal though. I get a trait from my Dad where we inherently know how things work. Maybe this is why I am a computer dork. I do read instructions, but when I do it is usually after I have already made an attempt to do something without them. Although I am occasionally wrong, I am a classic "wing-it" person because I can usually just see stuff like that in my head. Danny, on the other hand, does not. He prefers to read all directions thoroughly and call 2 or 3 people for tips and advice before lifting a finger. You can imagine that this makes for lots of cooperative, cordial, and loving joint ventures... not really. In fact, attempting to do something like installing the car seat can lead to unexpected bickering.

So, I decided not to let Danny do the installation. I played with Cooper for the next 2 hours while Danny figured out the car seat installation. There was quite a bit of collaboration and only a little bickering about why we should or should not use the tether feature, but we were successful and Cooper can now ride facing forward. At this point, I am pretty sure we have it installed correctly but Danny is looking for places to give inspections just to make sure. It is a good idea, really. It is protecting our most precious cargo!

On Cooper's first ride facing forward, he was completely enthralled with what he could see going on out the front window and loves for us to turn around and play with him. I have to be careful though because now he can see me if I am eating or drinking in the front seat. This could eventually be a major problem because whenever he see us eating or drinking, he must have some of his own. Which is another cool thing that he does too.
No comments:
Post a Comment