Warning! The following post might be more information than anyone wanted to know about baby poop, so skip it if you are not interested!
One thing that I have learned in my adult life is that you can learn a lot from poop. I had no idea when we got Bleu almost 7 years ago just how well versed I would become in the topic of dog poop or how I would, for the next 7 years, examine every dropping for indicators of puppy health. My dogs have eaten everything from hair bands to tennis balls to tin foil, but as long as what comes out contains whatever went in... and is relatively solid of course, then my dogs are probably doing pretty good. So it continues with Cooper as every poop he produces is a topic of discussion and a cause for celebration!
Unfortunately, Cooper's pooper has been a little stopped up the past few weeks since he started solid foods. Augh! Constipation! His little digestive tract isn't transitioning very well from easily digested breast milk to cereals, fruits, and veggies. Thankfully, his bowels are moving, just very slowly and somewhat uncomfortably.
I have been reading lots about this and adjusting his diet to minimize the common trouble makers and maximize bowel friendly foods (ie. prunes, pears, sweet potatoes, etc.)
Things seemed to be getting better, in the last 24 hours especially. I have been calling MaMaw daily for a poop report and she even saved some diapers for me last week. She laughed about providing a true "full service" daycare! I think he is establishing a pattern so that every other day is a poop day, also called poop-on and poop-off days. This weekend Danny will has Cooper duty and it is a poop-on day, so we will see how he fares!
No comments:
Post a Comment