3.21.2009

This has been a wild week. Cooper and I took some unplanned days off to celebrate Spring Break with Cousins Ford and Waylon who were in town from Sunday to Saturday. Grandmother picked Cooper up early almost every day this week to play with his cousins.


On Tuesday we went to the Museum of Nature and Science. This is where Cooper's upcoming birthday party is going to be and we have a membership this year. Cooper and I got down there early so we sat outside and had snacks while watching the duck paddle boats. Once the rest of the family got there we only had about 30 minutes to play in the museum, but we sucked out every last minute. I wish the Museum didn't close so early! Anyway, if that wasn't a big enough outing, we decided to take the kids swimming at the Y. Because of Spring Break, all the Y swim classes are suspended. So it worked out great because we had almost the whole shallow end to ourselves.

On Wednesday we took the kids to the Fort Worth Zoo. It was a great idea but, while we were aware it would be crowded for Spring Break, we didn't know that it was also half-price day. Holy Cow! There were SO many people there. We were literally shoulder-to-shoulder the whole day. And while that wasn't so great for the adults driving the strollers while trying to keep up with out-of-control kids... it was some serious fun for the kids.














This was not Cooper's first trip to the Zoo, but it was the best. On his one other trip to the Zoo he slept through it. So he was so excited to see all the animals that we look at in books. The highlights included a zebra, elephant, birds, and the monkeys. Actually, I think seeing the monkeys was the coolest, they were certainly the most active. In fact, Ford and Cooper were crawled up on the ledge next to the window of the chimp exhibit where the monkeys were swinging all around and one swung over and sat on the ledge on the other side of the window. They were literally face-to-face. I tried getting a picture but wasn't successful.

Heather took Ford and Waylon to ride the train while Cooper, Grandmother and I took a rest in the shade. When Cooper saw the cousins come by on the train, he was not pleased that they were on it and he wasn't. But, I guess that Heather has more gumption than me because it was getting warm outside and Cooper was antsy, I just couldn't see us making it an hour in line. Honestly, Cooper has limits and given the long day an no nap, I kind of thought we were approaching them. Anyway, we owe him a train ride very soon.

We headed out from the Zoo around 3, and Cooper had NO NAP!! For a kid that loves and needs a nap, that is a long time to stay awake. He continued to stay awake the entire way home from the Zoo. He did start to doze off on the way back to our house after dropping off the cousins, but I opened all the car windows to keep him awake. We had a bath, but bless his heart, he was SO tired!! He usually goes to bed at 8, but that night he was in bed by 7:15 and event slept a late on Thursday.
Thursday night the cousins came over here and we cooked dinner and played outside. There was Family Night at the Y and so everyone headed up there while Mom finished dinner. Then that was it for the cousins. :( They went to the lake Friday and then home Saturday, but we got to see them one more time on the webcam at GrandMothers Saturday before they left. Whew! Such a big week for a little kid.

No comments: