The cake is a four layer sponge cake (genoise) with raspberry filling. He was licking the raspberry filling out of the bowl and completely covered himself in jelly.
3.15.2009
I love to work in the kitchen with Cooper. He likes to check on food in the oven, stir pots on the stove and, of course, crack eggs. His attention span can be short though, so when I wanted to bake a cake for GrandMother this weekend, I tried to get it all done on his nap. And I did get most of it done, but when he woke up I still had to assemble the cake and ice it. He enjoyed licking the filling and icing as I put it on, I also let him eat the pieces of cake that I trimmed off.

The cake is a four layer sponge cake (genoise) with raspberry filling. He was licking the raspberry filling out of the bowl and completely covered himself in jelly.


After Danny took him to run errands and came back for dinner, it was time for decorating. I got several tubes of colored gel and let Cooper go to town. He thought it was really cool but was also concerned about keeping the lids on the tubes. He was constantly torn between adding more colors to the cake and closing all the tubes. In the end, we have a lovely cake for GrandMother's birthday tonight. (Click here for the video)
Cousins Ford and Waylon are driving up from Austin with Aunt Heather today and staying a few days. So, we will have a little family party for GrandMother tonight and then Cooper might get to go the Zoo or do some other fun stuff this week!
The cake is a four layer sponge cake (genoise) with raspberry filling. He was licking the raspberry filling out of the bowl and completely covered himself in jelly.
No comments:
Post a Comment