1.14.2009


I think that most people know that Cooper stays with my Mom during the day at her home-operated daycare, GrandMa's House. I must tell you that this is truly a blessing and I thank my lucky stars every day that Cooper (as well as Mommy and Daddy) have it so good. You could imagine that Cooper gets lots of special attention from MaMaw (we don't really call her GrandMa), but that is a bonus. MaMaw works so hard to have an engaging and educational curriculum for the kids and Cooper really benefits from that developmentally. Also, all her toddlers right now are boys (even though the three infant girls are getting bigger everyday) so he gets to spend lots of times socializing with his buddies.

In addition to the many many things I have on my plate these days, I also get to be the GrandMa's House Daycare Webmaster. That means that I keep Mom's blog updated with her weekly emails and picture postings. About once a quarter I go through all her photos from the past few months and clean them up to post in the web album. That is what I did Monday. I went through 306 and photos from the last few months and cropped them, adjusted the lighting, and fixed red-eyes where I could. While that is a bit of an undertaking, I enjoyed looking at all the little guys getting bigger and bigger -- especially Cooper. It seems like there is a whole other side to Coop that we don't see as often because we are not doing crafts every day or whatever. Also, I guess we don't see him in social settings like this very often either. So, I really enjoyed looking at all these pics. So much so, that I decided to steal them and create a blog about them. :)

If you look through all the pics (click here), you might notice a change in scenery. My Mom added a whole new addition to her house that was complete right before Christmas and it is 100% dedicated to the kids. She has gone out of her way to provide play stations, a book center, and even a bathroom geared towards the kiddos. What a difference!! It went from one smallish living room and a separate smallish playroom to a large, spacious, airy room full of light for the kids to enjoy. And it is so obvious that the kids love it.

While she had the construction done in the back of the house, she moved the playground to the front of the house and put up some temporary fencing. While that couldn't have pleased the neighbors, it was not bad for the kids. It was very shaded out there and allowed for summer afternoon play. But, I cant wait to see what she comes up with this spring. She has added quite a bit of landscaping to (whats left) of the back yard and should be fun also.

Anyway, not a lot of activities this time of year to inspire a blog, so I thought I would do a look back instead.

No comments: