8.15.2008

Now that Cooper has a whopping 7 teeth, we started brushing them. Maybe we should have started sooner, but... whatever.

I bought him a little toothbrush at Target a few weeks ago and some Tom's natural toothpaste at Whole Foods. I didn't really know how to introduce it, so I kind of let it sit about a week or so. Then, earlier this week, it occurred to me that we could brush in the tub! So, I put a little toothpaste on the brush and took it over to the tub and told him we were going to brush his teeth. And I was shocked when he opened his mouth and let me brush them like it was the most normal thing ever.

I don't know if this is something they work on at daycare (I think I would have heard if they did) or if he just sees me and Danny do it, but he seemed totally comfortable with the idea. So, I worked around the few little teeth that he has, brushed his gums (as best I could anyway), and his tongue... then in true Cooper fashion, he wanted to take over.

Since then we have brushed teeth at least once a day and I am working on twice. These pictures are from this morning. I had already brushed his teeth and went to brush mine. He started reaching for my tooth brush, so I gave him his so he could get some practice. He looks like a pro!

No comments: