3.27.2008

Cooper is big big big. I think we are on the verge of another tooth or two. Coop has been drooling like crazy and he has also had a little tummy ache. Who knows if those are related or not, but I guess maybe. I feel his gums everyday so when he gets a tooth I will be the first to know… instead of my mom who found the first bottom tooth!

He is also extremely conversational… in his own language anyway. His favorite words are eh-deh, muh-muh-muh, yuh, thuh… pretty much any letter of the alphabet followed by UH. We wonder if he is really saying anything. But, then the other day, Danny came over to pick him up, and he threw his hands in the air and very clearly said, “Da Da!” So, I think I will chalk that up as his official first word!

He is here at home today, sick with a combination if pink-eye in both eyes and ear infections in both ears! What is truly amazing about this is that he is in a fantastic mood. He is laughing and playing and crawling and laughing. The only reason I even took him to the doctor was that his eye looked a little bloodshot in the corner. He did have a little discharge last night and a little (really tiny) crust on his eyelash this morning. These were definitely symptoms, but they were minor and I had hoped it was just part of his never ending cold. But, NO. The little bit of redness sent me to the doc, and good thing I did, I suppose.

I hope that everyone saw the video of him walking behind his Lion. He has had little control until now, he was just freewheeling all over the place while I hold my breath. Over Easter, we found a toy he could walk behind in MaMaws shed. Since then, she has been letting him walk behind it this week during play time. When I picked him up yesterday, she said he had been back-and-forth all over the back yard. She said he would just start at one end and go back to the other. I am so excited about it! I am still not sure that he will walk before his birthday though. He does not seem to have the balance yet. We will see…

One last note, just wanted to welcome Cooper’s new subscribers to the blog! Right now there is only one other besides me… Ha!

No comments: